Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome to OFG's Monday Marketplace!




Hello everyone! Today's featured Etsy store designer/artist is Appletree Cottage Designs. Her shop is full of gorgeous wooden delights that she has created herself from a block of wood to a work of art and then adding special touches with the beautiful paintings she has given each item! Talent is such a small word when looking at the finished products...each creation has that special something that makes them stand out and make them so special! All of her items are true works of a "master" from the formation of the wood in her projects...to anything that she casts her magic over to act as a canvas for her WONDERFUL painting ablility! Each item would look beautiful in any primitive, rustic, olde world home...or ANY home for that matter! The country/primitive feel is so appealing that I can see you going back many times just to be able to make your choice of what your favorite item in her shop would be ..and would be taking home to become part of your home decoration. ( I can see some of those items in my kitchen on a primitive old cupboard, in my livingroom as a centerpiece for my coffee table, or on my antique dinner table!) They all would add to any room or any piece of furniture they are so lovely and perfectly prim! The following is an example of some items she has available and you'll see what I mean:

























Now that you have seen what she has in her shop...spend some time and learn about the artist behind the creations!

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
When I was a little girl, my family moved. I was very lonely but found a library near our home, so I would walk there every day and spend hours browsing at books. I found a book titled Apple Tree Cottage and I was absolutely swept away by it. The cottage was a magical place where peace and love was found. I decided if I would name my shop in honor of this book that has such an impression on me when I was young.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I joined Etsy in January, 2008.

3. What type of items do you offer?
I offer an eclectic mix of vintage, folk art and primitive items. I love to paint on old pieces that have a story to tell when they come my way.

4. How long have you been crafting? FOREVER!
I have been fortunate to be surrounded by people who have encouraged me since I was small. My husband and my daughter are my two biggest fans.

5. Who or What inspires you?
I love things that come to me with a history. Old boxes, drawers and coffee pots have a story to tell and I like to add just a little “prim” icing on the cake when I find a piece that longs to be reinvented.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I can’t say I have one favorite piece. I love everything I paint… each item in my store is something that I would place in my own home.

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) I sell only on Etsy.
You may visit my blog at appletreecottage.blogspot.com.

Be sure to check on this shop for there is something in her shop I just know that you will find today that is EXACTLY what you have been in need of!


You can find Appletree Cottage Designs by going to the following link:

http://www.appletreecottage.etsy.com

(Copy and paste this link into your taskbar and ENJOY!)

Come back next Monday for another featured Etsy Shop from the OFG Team!

No comments: