Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Back ...and changes all around.....

Well hello! I almost forgot how to get here and to remember my Etsy name...that is another story! How has everyone been? Me I'm floating around and trying a little of this and that attempting to learn as quickly as I'm actually doing something. One thing is for sure...I have left this blog, after a long episode trying to get my blog back in the list of network blogs and now haven't made a habit of continuing my ,used to be consistant, blog posts. I am so sorry! I guess my blog life has been just about as consistant as my life and can't help but show with everything I do. If you are wondering I have left Etsy...but have left my shop there, but is no longer in business in case I change my mind and find something I can sell. I have had a shop under the name of Willowtree-Treasures in Ebay and have posted items from a wholesale company in my shop adding an occasional item from myself into the mix. Unfortunately, the companies items didn't go very well and had to give it up..to a degree.... because of the mounting costs of putting things on and not being able to sell them enough to pay for the postings and the extra cost of having a shop. I since have have closed my shop and gone on with my own items selling primarily pregnant barbies and some antiques, collector trains and exercise sneakers, etc. I occasionally add wholesale items back in just to look like I'm still alive but isn't showing much promise. I don't believe I've touched my sewing machine in months and am starting to miss just staying busy. I've been told getting to the point of needing LONG breaks in between creating is normal for any crafting person and is normal and expected when you have done it for a good amount of time! I guess that is my problem at the moment and am busy working on home issues and helping family with issues they need help with, and sitting around just wondering what to do next. The most interesting adventure I have had up to now is finding wholesale companies and looking into what they have and learning about how other wholesale/dropship companies work. I have found some really great ones that I have been buying from like Collections Etc.....ABC Distributing...Honey and Me.....Waresitat......I have just bought a Gnome with a light from the company I have worked for and just LOVE it! I bought it to start the kickoff for the outdoor work and now can't let it go beyond the front porch because I just think it is the neatest thing I'll ever own! the light it holds actually works and runs on 2 AA batteries. How cool is that! I'm thinking about getting a second one to keep this one company before my gold membership is done with and get that one for a super price too! Now that I'm into gnomes I can't think of enough places to put them. I have also purhcased things from Amazon and have found some super deals there too. Amongst all of my wholesale companies I have repainted my home...every room...and had places where I could afford great wall decor. and home accessories to fill my home with! My kitchen is now a ROOSTER HAVEN....my outdoors is a GNOME HANGOUT, My bedroom is a room of INSPIRATION and RELAXATION. The interior is all country inspired with the help of purchases from the wholesale sites and Ebay. Best of all we have gone from very dark colors to bright and happy colors! As you can imagine...I'm am very happy about the changes and spent some of this time just exploring how the home environment can change attitudes and help frame mental stability if you are comfortable with your surroundings makes all the difference. We are now working on the outside of our home and had a slight set back with an unexpected snowfall. We put up our gazebo, got a load of stone for the driveway, trimmed up bushes, bought solar lights for around the house, and were all set to paint and put rug down on the back porch...since now our back porch furniture is out/cleaned and set to go. There was a bit of time to undo what was done but now the more mild weather is back and we are ready to work again and get the bark down this time. Did someone say it is April? I know...don't work too quickly because you never know...the winter weather could have a return before we are all done. The following are some pictures of our home changes and additions: Bedroom inspirational wall decor>
Diningroom and new color with wall decor>
Livingroom and new color with wall decor>
Rooster kitchen with new colors and new decor>
Outdoor plant wagon and gnome>
Outdoor gnome with light>
I hope you have enjoyed listening to my changes being under construction for the past 7 months with my business and have seen some of my home changes as well! If it helps at all this is why I have been DOA as of late and hope ...once all the work is completed that not only will I feel a part of my life is completed ...but have found something out about myself in the process! Thank you for coming today and keep me in mind when you are searching for your next treasure for I will be on Ebay hopefully having that special something that you will want to make your own! Until next time!

No comments: