Sunday, April 20, 2008

I've been tagged!
_______________

I´ve tagged by my friends Mary of Sew Dear to Me and Bebe of Off the Beaten Paths Designs.


Here's a fun "MEME" ~ You have to pick six (6) words that sum up your life. Ernest Hemingway was bet $10 that he couldn't sum up his life in six words. He won that bet when he wrote, "For sale, baby shoes, never worn." You can go to Bookbabie's blog and read about the book that was inspired by his quote and how it influenced her to start this meme.

Okay here are the Rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir...
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like...
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible, so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere...
4. Tag Four more blogs with links ...
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

I'm inviting the following blogger friends to give this a try!

1) Kelly -
http://onceinabluemoonprimitives.blogspot.com

2) Cora of -





3) Leslie -





4) Kimmie -



Please take time and visit their blogs for it will be well worth your time!

Ok....now that the stage has been set here is my "MEME." Warm Hearted, Well Intentioned, Ambitious Sap. This is quite a mix of words to describe myself but were the closest I could get that embodies the subcategories of words that help support my choices.

Warm hearted- I am a person that will take in any animal, or person, that needs help and look after them and become a second mother to them if I can. I feel for everybody in every situation and will gladly lend an ear to help them out and provide a better life for any animal in need or help a person through any hurt they are experiencing. I have two examples of this. One having to do with dealing with wildlife and one dealing with people. When I was in the hospital , for a month, with my first endocarditis attack my hospital room quickly became the nurses "hang out." I would find nurses at all hours of the night and day that would just want to vent or have someone to talk to and I was always there to provide a seat and a forum for them to open their souls and talk out their world's problems. I became the room that everyone on my floor wanted to go to because I listened about everyone's day, their concerns, or any problems they were having. Many times certain employees were being searched for and sure enough they were in my room chatting a way! A few times I saw other patients in other rooms having problems with feeding themselves, getting up to go to the bathroom, or just having difficulties with their sicknesses and I would go over and help them do what they needed to do ....or just to listen to their frustrations! (During a month of treatment for me meant I had an IV or meds. infused into my body ...but as long as the meds where on wheels I was up and around and on the move! I would even get dressed and walk the halls and sometimes they didn't even know I was a patient in the hospital , when I had a down time and wasn't "hooked in" to my meds I could be found on other floors and traveling the hallways in pure boredom and could be found helping someone else out or being a greeter for people at the door or eating a sundae at the hospital eatery. I felt that my time there was better spent doing for others and made the days go so much faster!

I have a real soft heart of animals in need! I had an event with seeing a small rabbit that had been hit by a car. My husband and I saw him standing on the side of the road...but the side of his face was severely dismembered and his pupils were fixed and dialated. That certainly meant he was on the brink of death. I begged my husband to stop and pick him up ...hoping my Mother Teresa tendencies may have a chance to give this little guy a chance to survive his terrible demise. We made a small pen and I put lettuce and carrot pieces in the box ...with water. I sat and talked with him for hours. I thought there may be a small chance he would pop up and show certain life again. The next morning I checked on him and he was standing and looked like he may have eaten a few bites of some of the items I put in with him and felt encouraged. I very lightly touched him with a stick , and to my suprise, his tail fell off and just stood and quivered. It broke my heart but asked my husband to go out and put him down. I knew I couldn't handle that! I knew then that this situation was hopeless and it was best for him to completely get him out of his misery. Scott went out like a trooper with is shovel but came back in tears. He had done his job but little did I realize the effect it would have on him! We morned the loss of this little animal for days after but just knew he was in a better place now that we had to make that heart breaking decision between life and death. It is a very difficult one to make but ...seeing that little animal alive...but not living...I could see that was the only good that we could have done for him!

Well Intentioned- I work from the philosophy that every act we do effects someone else so I have the best of intentions when I am attempting to help someone or carry out an act! If ever I had hurt someone else or disappointed someone with something that I've said or done I will gladly take my blame and apologize. I am always suprised to hear when people use their words and actions for personal gain but know that the world is not always kind and forgiving! If it means that I lose a chance at something I like to think that I'm honest enough to point out my weaknesses and give the opportunities to who deserve whatever it is! I do and say what my conscious tells me is right and try very hard to not allow pride, greed, or personal gain get in the way of being totally honest. I am not a good liar and would rather say nothing than to resort to telling a "tale."

Ambitious - I work very hard to accomplish anything that I attempt. I give it my all and will gladly sacrifice my own time to do for others , or just attempting to accomplish, something that I believe is important! When I give of myself I believe I will give 150% of my efforts to make sure that I am doing the very best that I can on anything that I attempt to do. I am not one to give up on things too easily! If I set a goal for myself I will go over and above the call of duty to keep working on the "project" until it is achieved! I will sit and go through the tough times because there is alot to be said about persistence with anything and keeping neverending hope! I will take a difficult time and twist, revise, and play with a task I am trying to achieve to work on something that I set as a goal for myself ..even if the times are at the bleakest I just keep trying. Actually, I have a REAL hard time with saying there isn't hope for everything if you TRULY have tried to make things work! (There are those times though and that is my idealist views of life that make this so difficult for me when to say enough is enough and put an idea I have to rest!)

Sap-I consider myself one of the biggest saps in the world! If I could have a funnel hanging out of my body, like a maple tree collecting its nectar to make maple syrup with, I would. I remember my father saying that chocolate milk comes out of chocolate cows as a kid and believing that was true. Although, this was a harmless tale to amuse us as children ...there are stories people can make up to become something that their are not and I am usually the one to fall for any such tales.I seem to take what people say to their word and have a "child-like" ability to read through what someone says to me! I have been hurt more times from others that have themselves in mind when telling me things and then using it against me for their own amusement.

Now that you have had a chance to read the six most important words that would sum me up ...what are the words you would pick? How do you want to be remembered on this earth? It is a very good question and a great exercise for self examination! Try this exercise and let me know what you come up with! Have fun and I'll be anxious to see our next four ladies responses! I'll be checking!LOL

Have a great day all and keep smiling!

No comments: