Monday, October 5, 2009

New Items listed on Etsy!

Good morning readers! Are you staying warm so far this Fall? That cool weather came upon us very quickly this year...don't you think? We always know ..when we feel alittle lighter in the wallet that the colder weather is with us! Our house is totally electric , except for a few things like the oven/stove is gas, that when the temps in the house have to come up...our electric bill ends up feeling the brunt of things! So far so good for keeping it at a reasonable temp. We always have the gas burner in the extra room if we need to...but again it is sparingly! Too bad this year it couldn't be a warm snow!LOL Just a thought!

Well I am here today to tell you that I have posted a few new items in my Etsy shop and invite all of you to take a look. I know I said I would go back to more Halloween items but I got the Santa bug going through my veins right now and thought I'd go with that! I know I didn't make many Santas last year and thought I'd try to make up this year! I know they are very popular and plan to hit snowmen and angels alike...so keep watch!

The first two that I've done this year are door greeters and are just so prim and Christmasy that I just couldn't hold myself back from getting their patterns. One is a Tennessee Ridge Primitives pattern of a Santa Holding a bouquet of dried flowers, a teddy bear and handmade candy canes. The second is a pattern from Snugglebug Blessings of a Santa with a bag of candycanes. This one has sticks for legs and is just so primitive perfect...and is also a door hanger!







I have also made a few new Maude Addie Dolls and their Geese that look more Fallish than what I have done in the past. I have also made the sleeves differently then my past Maudes to make a slight difference in their overall appearance. These dolls have always had that Fall/ Christmasy feel, the fact they come with geese, and the clothes always help that feeling along. These of course have the clothing AND the geese pointed towards colder weather months ....so I thought that someone may take a special liking to them to fullfill their needs for home decor for the fall and winter seasons.



Again, these new items can be found in my Etsy shop and you can get there by putting the following in your search and enjoy:

MY ETSY LINK:
http://www.willowtreetreasures.etsy.com


I will be putting some snowman ornies on the list next and will get to them soon. I have more artists to feature from OFG and will get to those very soon! I apologize fo getting behind on my artists for I got caught up in my creations and we all know what that means!

I also have had such a desire to make sugar cookies and may get to those before anything else! Funny I haven't looked at a cookie in a month and now am spending hours looking through cookie books to find the perfect cookie! These are my personal favorite and then will fill a request for my husband for peanutbutter cookies.

I will leave the recipes with you so if you are in need of some cookies and don't have a recipe right at hand here they are!

Ethel's Sugar Cookies:

3/4 cup shortening (part butter or magarine)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups gold meda flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Mix shortening, sugar, eggs, flavoring thoroughly.
Measure flour and stir in baking powder, salt and blend in.
Chill 1 hour
Heat oven to 400
Roll dough 1/8" and cut with 3" cookie cutter
Place on ungreased baking sheet
Bake 6-8 min. or until cookies are light golden color
Makes about 4 doz.
( Taken from Betty Crockers Cookie Book)

Peanutbutter cookies

1/2 cup Butter flavor Crisco
1 cup creamy jif peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Heat oven 375
Cream butter flavored crisco, peanutbutter, sugar, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in bowl until well blended
Combine flour baking soda, baking powder and salt,and mix into creamed mixture
Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet and flatten into crisscross patttern with a fork dipped in flour
Bake at 375 for 8-10 mins and cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
Makes 2 Dozen 1/2" cookies
(Taken from Crisco Cookie Collection)

Eat and shop...a few of my favorite things to do! Have fun baking your cookies and enjoy looking over Etsy! The holidays are always a special time to buy just what you need for your home decorating needs! Enjoy you time today and get out the "snuggies" to stay warm!

Come back for I will be featuring more OFG artists soon! So until next post......

No comments: