Monday, October 12, 2009

Welcome to Marketplace Monday of the Olde Farmhouse Gathering Team!

Good morning readers! We are winding down on the shops that have wanted to be posted in the Monday Marketplace blog posts ..but just know there are so many more members that are so talented and have shops that you just have to see. Put OFG in your Etsy search and see all the shops that come up! Make sure to see ALL that OFG has to offer! I have featured quite a few shops...but believe me this is only a small taste of what this team has as members and shop offerings. Check it out today!

Well now on to today's features! I will be featuring two more shops today....Irish corkies primitives and Icehouse crafts. Two more shops that have items that go into the fabric of OFG's makeup!

The first shop I will feature today is Irish Corkies Primitives:



Amy is one of the amazing sign painters that can make a sign for any season, any occasion , or for any room! Her signs are gorgeous and so well done you will proudly display one of her signs in/or outside of your home with pride and be able to enjoy it forever! One of her signs would be a great gift for you or for a dear friend...and a perfect gift for someone for the holiday season that is almost upon us! She even sells woodblocks that have various sayings on them , when stacked ontop of each other convey a message. These are perfect for a shelf, desk or stand! They all have such a primtive country appeal that they could be put anywhere, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom or livingroom or laundryroom and would add a feeling of warmth and tyme of olde that would give ANY ROOM charm! It adds such a country feeling to your home...you'll have to admit it is like revisiting the past!

Come take a look at some of my favorites. She has 9 pages of her fantastic signs so I can only give you a small peek of what her shop contains. You will need to go in and see for yourself! After I'm done showing you a few signs I'm sure you will head right in and see the rest for yourself!








































Aren't these fantastic! Each is so different and would suit any purpose you have to put a sign or message blocks! Spend some time and meet the artist and see how Irish corkie Primitives came about!

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
I named my shoppe Irish Corkies Primitives for my yellow lab Corkie, her full name is Bailey’s Irish Cork.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I have been on Etsy since 2006, but really started selling there about a year ago.

3. What type of items do you offer?
I offer hand-crafted primitive signs, primitive shelf-sitter blocks, and peg racks. I hope to expand into more furniture items in the future.

4. How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting for the past 10 years or so but have really focused on my primitive signs for the past 6 years.

5. Who or What inspires you?
I love the olde look and feel of times gone by and I just love how prim signs and decorating can make your home feel like it is from the 1800’s with a few modern throw ins.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
My favorite item in my shop is the Thomas Jefferson quote sign…I made one for my husband and it is proudly displayed on our Americana wall in our great room.

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
http://irishcorkiesprimitives.etsy.com
http://irishcorkieprimitives.artfire.com
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sly-Pond-Primitives
http://irishcorkiesprimitives.blogspot.com/


You can see her work can be found in other places and there is a call for great sign creators! She definitely is one that makes GREAT signs and has quite a variety! come in and take a look at her shop today! There may be a sign or message block that would look great in your home!

IRISHCORKIESPRIMITIVES LINK:

Http://www.irishcorkies.etsy.com


The second shop I will be featuring today is Icehouse Crafts:



This artist is also a sign creator and makes the shelf sitter blocks with messages also so you could put her art anywhere and in any room...even some could be displayed outside! She has 24 pages of so many variety of signs you're mouth is sure to drop! There are so many with sayings and conveying messages it is hard to keep track of them all! She is another master of her craft and I'm sure you will enjoy your time looking through the huge collection of woodwork items she has available! Take a look at some of my favorites and then go and look for yourself ...for again there are far too many to post here but I know you will enjoy yourself peeking at ALL the rest!
















































This crafter can meet any need you have to send your message in a tyme of olde fashion and you can have LOTS of fun picking out exactly the message you want to send for every occasion, holiday and intent! Now meet this artist and see the artist behind the art!

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?

My etsy shoppe is called Icehousecrafts. I choose that name as when I started selling and buying online we lived in an old farmhouse of which was once an icehouse for the farm that we lived on. The walls in the icehouse part of the house were 24” thick stone. The farm was established in 1905.
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I’ve been selling on etsy since February 2008.


3. What type of items do you offer?

Mostly on etsy I offer hand painted stenciled wood signs. I have also offered hand painted vintage pieces from time to time.
4. How long have you been crafting?

I’ve been doing crafts since I was a young girl...from crochet to macramé and finally to decorative painting. I’ve been painting fulltime since my middle son was a toddler so about 18 years for painting.
5. Who or What inspires you?

Customers are a great source for inspiration. They give you the framework for an idea and things just go from there.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

I have to say my favorite things in my etsy shoppe right now are my ouija board sign and wrong answer sign. The ouija board sign because as a young girl I was fascinated with “how” it worked. The wrong answer one, well it’s just obvious from looking at it as to why! LOL!

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

www.icehousecrafts.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/icehousecrafts
www.stores.shop.ebay.com/icehousecrafts__W0QQ_armrsZ1
www.icehousecrafts.etsy.com



Come in and see this shop you won't leave disappointed!

ICEHOUSE CRAFTS LINK:
Http://www.icehousecrafts.etsy.com

I hope you have enjoyed reading about these two shop and on next Monday I will be doing my final shop....Artpod Studio! Don't miss it!

1 comment:

Firecracker Kid said...

Say it with a sign! Two great OFG artists. Nice features Deb! Carol