Tuesday, October 20, 2009

OFG Marketplace Tuesday Last Featured Shops!

Hello readers! I'm sorry I'm late I was with my son and his wife this weekend to help them move to a new apartment! What an apartment it is too! My husband and I were so glad to help them move things in from their old apartment and make pickups to different stores ,where they had made other purchases, to fill up their new home! It was turning out pretty nice when we left and they seemed to have things under control by early Sunday morning so we helped one final time and then went on our way to head home! What a time...but it has provided us with memories that we will cherish for a lifetime and are so glad that we are in the position to do these little/ helpful tasks to be able to watch them begin their journey as husband and wife! Makes me feel pretty good!

Well now onto the task of the day. I have two final OFG Etsy shops that I will be featuring today! So ,in other words, I have written something about all of the shops that took place in the Marketplace Mondays and this will be my last post concerning the shops that I have information on. Again, this is a small glimpse of what the OFG team has to offer and invite you all , that come into Etsy, to put OFG in your search and find ALL the others that didn't take part! You will be amazed with the scope of talent this group truly holds!

Ok...the first shop I will be featuring will be Artpod Studio and the second is a new artist that has joined us and her shop is Sugar Mountain Mercantile. My first shop to feature will be Artpod Studio.




This artist features a variety of items such as hang tags, paper art, potion bottles, patterns, party invitations and Ephemera cutouts. Her whole shop is dedicated to Halloween and making your holiday special and truly scarey! I have picked out some of my personal favorites. Come join me as I post them for you to take a look what this, very talented artist has to offer!





































This artist has Halloween down pat and knows what her customers need to meet their home decoration needs to put on any party or to hang on their surroundings to add a feeling of Halloween spookiness! Thinking Halloween? This is the gal to see!

Now spend some time and meet the artist behind the art and findout how artpod studio came about!

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?

Art Pod Studios ~ First of all, I love art so I knew that word needed to be
in my business name, secondly, I make such a wide variety and
styles of art that I needed a word that said "serendipity or all kinds"
so I used a trendy word that I thought conveyed that ~ Pod. That is how
the name Art Pod Studios was born.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?

Since May 2009

3. What type of items do you offer?

Right now I am featuring my Halloween Items, but I am what you would call
a Serendipity Artist. I love to work in a large variety of mediums and
styles. Creating to me IS art, so everything is a potential art project
waiting to happen.

4. How long have you been crafting?

I have worn many hats during my 24 plus years of art experience.
Designer, Artist, Craftsperson, Vendor, Mentor and Teacher.

5. Who or What inspires you?

The world around me, Family, Friends, Music, Nature and even current
events. Sometimes even a sound or color can cause me to snap into a
creative mood. I have also been using a book called Caffeine for
the Creative Mind. It's a great book with creativity exercises. I have
been awed at how this really does help me put on my creative thinking cap.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

Can't say I have a favorite. All of my art is like my little children
being sent out into the world, I could never pick a favorite, each one
is unique and different, but I love them all!

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

http://www.artpodstudios.blogspot.com


I found her answers to show the mind of an artist , that not only creates ...but puts part of herself into every item she has "given birth to." I found her answers to be personal and definitely original that shows how much using her creativity is so close to her heart by referring to each item as her "children". Creation is a little like becoming a mother because you give birth to an idea, watch it grow and you feel connected to it , because you put so much of yourself into your work as an artist you end up being protective of each and every piece of art that is "creatively born" from your heart and soul and ends up being part of your personality, an expression of who you are and shows your customers a little about you as a person! Strange it must seem to people who work in other areas other than art and creativity...but I understand her on this issue and are very revealing statements of her love for her art!

Please spend some time and visit Artpod Studios Etsy shop and take a look at all the other items she has available! Her ideas are revolutionary to meet her customers needs and all of her art shows the love that she puts into her work.

ARTPOD STUDIO LINK:

Http://www.artpodstudio.etsy.com


The second shop I will be featuring is Sugar Mountain Mercanile is a new member of the OFG team and has provided another shop to the Etsy forum. I will be seeing this shop for the first time myself and am anxious to see what this artist specializes in.

I have gone in and am having problems locating this shop. In the meantime I will give you the portion of this feature where she has answered an number of answers to questions that were posed to her.

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
The name of my shop is Sugar Mountain Mercantile, which I named for the mountain in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee on which I am blessed to have a beautiful log home getaway. I called it a "Mercantile" because I just knew I'd be offering up a wide variety of items, kind of like a general store.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?
Just over a year.

3. What type of items do you offer?
Well, it depends on how the mood strikes me! Nearly everything is holiday- themed, as I adore each and every holiday. I do machine and hand-embroidery, crochet, make primitive soaps, and I may list a few vintage items here and there. I haven’t yet filled my shop with what I really intend to sell. I also have plans to open a second shop in the near future, selling strictly baby items.

4. How long have you been crafting?
Gosh, ever since high school…I started out as a ceramics instructor in an after-school program for grade-schoolers..made me decide really quickly I did NOT want to be a teacher when I “grew up”!

5.Who or What inspires you?
Honestly, I am inspired and rejuvenated each and every time we go down to the cabin. It’s so peaceful and beautiful there, it would be hard not to be inspired. Every season has something to offer..the beautiful Fall colors, the snow-covered mountains in Winter, seeing the Spring flowers begin to bloom..and the beauty in Summer is just amazing!

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I always like listing glass-blocks, because each one has a personality of its own, depending on the graphics I use, and how I choose to decorate it. Plus they seem to sell well!

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
I don’t yet have a blog, but can be found on the following:
http://twitter.com.SugarMtnMercant http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1639453199&ref=profile


Ok...found it...now meet Sugar Mountain Mercantile:



Again this shop has just been opened and I've looked over the list of items that they eventually have stocked. Look over the list and see what great things she will be creating!

# Hand decorated soaps
# Gift boxes
# Holiday Checkbook Covers
# Holiday Candles
# Vintage wares
# Primitive Fixens
# Prim Decor
# Prim Lighting
# Primitive tags
# Prim Ornies

What a great collection of crafts she will be having in her shop! She does have a few things already stocked and are the following:
















She has a great start of items in her shop and quite a variety of many more things to come. Keep your eye on this shop! I really think she has alot of potential to be a very well recieved shop!

I welcome her to the OFG Team and send her best of wishes starting out her business in Etsy! Make sure to visit her shop and see her shop transform and more things are added!

Sugar Mountain Mercantile's Link:

http://wwww.SugarMtnMercantile.etsy.com



Well, I guess our time here is done with all of the featured OFG Etsy shops and it is a bit sad. I have to admit that I have learned so much more about the people that I share the OFG Team with than I had known before and feel that getting to know about them, what they do, and how they conduct their shops have truly enriched my experience and an OFG Team member and as a Etsy shop owner! I hope you have enjoyed this experience as much as I have and take a look at what I have talked about here! Enjoy your experience and hope it is one that you will remember and invite your friends to visit as well! Take care all and until my next post....bye for now!

No comments: