Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NEW Marketplace Tuesday for OFG Artists!

I am starting something new because I had gotten behind on my Marketplace featuring of OFG artists and am going to spend the week featuring a new artists everyday for this week. Today the featured artists will be the Vintage Keepsake Trunk Shop and the Signs of Patriotism Shop.

The first featured artist owns the Vintage Keepsake Trunk.



This artist is an expert when is comes to doll creating and anything related to dolls or sewing! I had a ball looking over all the items this artist had to offer and saw such unique ideas , like her flowers with buttons in the middle, and her well crafted nodders. She has many Halloween items ...so if you are in the mood for Spooky...she has it! Also there is Patriotic and everyday items that I'm sure you will just fall in love with as I have! I have picked out some of my favorites ..but she has so much more you really have to go and take a look for yourself to see what she has!
























This is just a small selection of what her shop holds. There is just so much more and you really need to do yourself right by visiting her shop today! This gal is so talented and really has a special ability with sewing and may just what you need for your home decorating needs! Now a chance to find out a little about the artist that makes these noteworthy creations. Come meet her now!

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
www.vintagekeepsaketrunk.etsy.com
I chose this name because I like the idea of searching and finding an old trunk in the attic and opening it to find vintage time-worn treasures from the olden days.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?
Since March 2009

3. What type of items do you offer?
Primitive Folk Art handmade soft-sculpture offerings featuring Art Dolls, Home Decor, Holiday and Seasonal Decorations and Collectibles, all created with that time-worn look.

4. How long have you been crafting?
35 years
5. Who or What inspires you?
I was inspired as a youth by my Great Aunt and Grandmother that taught me to sew on an old Singer Sewing machine. My crafting really took off when I was injured back in my 30's in an accident and was left in chronic pain and forced to change to a sedentary life style. Creating is Therapy for me and helps me to forget the pain and I thoroughly enjoy it!

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
Probably my Art Dolls. I love to dress them in vintage baby clothes from the 1920's and each of them comes out different with their own personality.

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
PLACES TO FIND ME.....
Home of Vintage Keepsake Trunk.....
http://www.vintagekeepsaketrunk.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7050167
http://vintagekeepsaketrunk.blogspot.com/
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/vintagekeepsaketrunk
http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=32731
http://wsoapp-vintagekeepsaketrunk.blogspot.com/
http://vintagekeepsaketrunk-soatp.blogspot.com/
http://www.123websiteservices.com/~craftsho/craftbooth588/index.php?x=99&y=37

Has this got your interest flowing? Visit her shop today...you'll be thanking yourself tomorrow!


LINK
http://www.VintageKeepsaketrunk.etsy.com



Another artist from the OFG TEAM is Signs of Patriotism come see a little about her right here!



This shop provides the biggest selection of Military and Americana themed signs on the internet and can be made for any branch of service! What you will see in their shop is a small selection of what they offer. Keep that in mind when searching! Here are a few of my personal favorites ...remember to support our troops!

























All of their signs are expertly done and perfection is the best name I can think to explain what you will see! I am in complete awe of anyone that can paint and signs are just one example of painting that is not as easy as it looks because of the exactness of the letters, sizes, shape and location! This crafter makes it look like childs play because of their perfection!

Now learn about this crafter with the answers to some very important questions:

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
Signs of Patriotism, my son came up with this name when my crafts business evolved into a sign biz with a heavy emphasis on military signs.

2. How long have you been on Etsy? a year

3. What type of items do you offer? signs

4. How long have you been crafting? since 1996

5. Who or What inspires you? those who serve in the military and sacrifice for their country and the freedoms we enjoy

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why? Home is Where the Military sends us - because it creates conversation between new and old friends and sparks great memories from different duty stations we have served.

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) Ebay and website and several brick and mortar stores around the country.

If any type of military service or patriotic message is what you are looking for....I KNOW this person will have it! Check them out today!


LINK:
http://www.signsofpatrioticism.etsy.com

(Copy and paste these links into your taskbar and enjoy two more artists from the OFG Team!)

Come back tomorrow and I will have another Marketplace prepared for you with two more fantastic artists from the Olde Farmhousegathering Team! Hope to see you here!

4 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

It's hard to do just one! They are all absolutely great artisans. Nice job Deb;o)
Carol

Times of old creations said...

For awhile I'll need to look at them like potato chips for you can't eat just one of those either...what that has to do with doing two features...well I'm not sure but there is a connection there somewhere...I would suppose!LOL Thank you for you contact Carol I truly appreciate it! I'm still thinking about my winning. I told my husband because I had shown him a picture of what I entered. He said how nice it was and at least I can dream! heheh He never would have thought I would have won it! He is thrilled also! Yippeee! Deb

Joan Minervini said...

Hi Deb!
I am so honored that you have chosen my little shoppe as one of your features! Thank you so much! It so nice and detailed, I was so surprised and proud reading it. Thanks again, Joan :0)

Times of old creations said...

You are so welcome Joan! It was a honor to get to know your shop better and learn about you! You are so talented and have one of the nicest shops I've seen! Thank you for letting me have you as a feature. I think I'm getting more out of this than anyone! I'm getting to know so many that are with me in the OFG team and Etsy! There are alot of artists and all of them a bubbling over with talent! I'm glad you enjoyed your write up. I enjoyed doing it for you! Thanks again! Deb