Good morning readers! I am up and at 'em early and looking over our two new featured artist shops that I will be posting today! These are two super picks and are ladies with tons of talent! They are multi-talented and show it in the variety they have in their shops. Everything they do is a passion for them and you will see in what they create! Today's featured shops are Prairie Rose and Privies & Prims.
The first featured shop is Prairie Rose.
Prairie Rose is the leader of this wonderful team of artisians , that together, make up the Olde Farmhousegathering Team! She has shown her great skill in organizing, keeping the juices flowing through the veins of its members and always keeping the ideas coming to make a stronger and innovative group of people! She is AMAZING!
Not only is she outstanding as a leader... her talents are many and has a beautiful Etsy shop that showcases all of her talents! She has remarkable painting skills along with sewing skills and you can see that she must have done this awhile for her work says experience! She is a seasoned artist! Now take a look at a few of my favorites and see for yourself what I've been talking about!
Isn't that something? From her painting on old windows to a pumpkin nodder that has a homemade fragrance inside...her items make me smile! I'm sure they did for you too.
Now take some time and learn about this wonderfully talented woman that is the owner of these "gotta have" creations and " Head Rockin' Mama of OFG Team!
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
The name of my shop is "PrairieRose". It has been my business name for a couple of decades now, I chose it because of all the wild roses that grow on the old farmsteads from years of yore.They are not only beautiful, but very hardy year after year.
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I have been on etsy for app 1.5 years now.
3. What type of items do you offer?
I sew and do decorative painting both. I offer a mixed bag of goodies in my shop. I love everything from Shabby to Folk and Primitive. I have combined my craft on many items. I seldom create the same item more than once. I love the uniqueness of each piece.
4. How long have you been crafting?
I have been making dolls for 35 yrs. now, and painting for almost 30 yrs.
5. Who or What inspires you?
I find inspiration everywhere. I am most fond of antique pieces. I love the Trash to Treasure items too. Each and every one presents a different perspective. I love painting on all the curves and corners rather than a flat piece. I love the challenge of it all.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
Each new piece is my favorite. I have learned something new in the process of making it. I always try to learn something new on each piece I make.
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
Right now etsy is the only place I am selling online. I have recently moved and have scaled back while I get the house in order. I am selling in three brick and mortar stores too.
I am the list Mama of the Old Farmhouse Gathering Team on etsy,and also do the OFG Blog.
There is plenty more to see in Prairie Rose's Shop! Take some time and take a look ...you deserve a treat and this would definitely be something nice to do for yourself!
PRAIRIE ROSE'S LINK:
The second Shop I am featuring today is Privies & Prim
Here is another multi-talented member that has such a variety in her shop that you will not believe! From doll creation to needle punching, stitcheries to penny rugs ..this creator goes over and above the call of duty when it comes to serious crafting! All of her items ...are clearly made with love in her heart and make the experience of going to her shop a total delight! Here are a few examples of what she has...but be warned...there is soo much more! You will really need to take a look at her shop to see it all!
Isn't this eye candy for a soul? I just love it all! Take some time and read what this, very talented artist had to say to some very revealing questions about her crafting!
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name? Privies & Prims has been my business name for about a year. I started out in a shed at my home on Blue Rock Rd., so I named my little shop Blue Rock Country Crafts. I had my first storefront in Burnsville, NC in 2000 and named the store Privies & Perches. I was making lots of outhouse bathroom decorations and my dad was making lots of prim birdhouses, so I changed the name. Inspired by God is all I can say. It just popped into my little brain!
2. How long have you been on Etsy? Had to go look at my profile for this question. Seems I started in February 2008.
3. What type of items do you offer? Penny rugs, prim stitcheries, primitive & folk art dolls, punch needle embroidery & patterns, outhouse stuff, candlemats, prim wreaths, Americana prim t-shirts, wood signs, ornaments, & photographs of old barns and outhouses. I think that’s it.
4. How long have you been crafting? As long as I can remember. I used to sit at the kitchen table and trace the designs on the napkins. In high school, I made a macramé hanging large enough to cover a window! We also did pottery and leather working. My special leather project was a framed image of a Michelob beer bottle ad. We used wood carving tools and I stuffed the “bottle” from the back with sawdust to give it dimension. At the time, it was my boyfriend’s favorite brand. Personally, I can’t stand the taste of any kind of alcohol. Just give me my McDonald’s sweet tea!
5. Who or What inspires you? First, I must give God the credit for my talents. He puts ideas into my head as I go along. I start out making a doll like the pattern photo, then God gives me ideas to make it my own. Sometimes, I think it’s a curse. I’m always seeing stuff and thinking, “I can make that!” So, that’s why the list of things I make is so long. I just recently added punch needle embroidery to my list and I’m “hooked”. I’m designing patterns that I will sell as kits and will soon be designing prim doll patterns also that will be modeled after the mountain folk where I live.
I get inspired by PatternMart.com’s monthly newsletters, looking at others creations online, visiting prim shops, looking through catalogs, and the list goes on and on. Gosh, everything I see inspires me! I look at people in restaurants and think of making a doll to look like them!
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why? My favorite creations are my primitive dolls cause I love giving each one their own personality. The favorite ones I’ve made are 46” dolls from a Prim & Proper folks pattern.
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) I don’t sell on ebay too often. Seems I just pay them money and don’t have much luck there anymore. For Privies & Prims, my main website is www.PriviesAndPrims.com, my etsy shoppe is www.PriviesAndPrims.etsy.com, blog- www.PriviesAndPrimsBlog.blogspot.com, and at my brick & mortar store located at 110 West Main St., Burnsville, NC 28714.
I also do wedding photography, www.AffordableMemoriesNC.com, and sell photographs of old barns and houses that I find here in the mountains. www.ThenAndNowArtPhotos.etsy.com. My pattern blog is www.SimplyPrimPatterns.blogspot.com, and I’ll soon be teaching classes in my store, so I have a blog for that. www.StitchersPunchersAndHookers.blogspot.com
And yes, I do find time to sleep.
My name is Doreen Brannan and you can contact me at PriviesAndPrims@yahoo.com
Have a blessed one!
Do yourself a favor today and take a look at all this shop holds! You will thank yourself later!
PRIVIES & PRIMS LINK:
(Copy and paste this link into your taskbar and enjoy!)
Come back tomorrow for I will feature two more craftier than crafty talented artists from the OFG Team! See you then....