Friday, December 18, 2009

I Wish You ALL the Happiest of Holidays and Have a few special Links for You!



Good morning readers! I wanted to take some time and wish you all a very Happy Holidays and hope that each and everyone of you see some of your most heart felt wishes come true! There has been so much giving of special things from one person to another here in the blog world and will be doing a give a way of my own very soon after the holidays have come and gone! There are ALOT of GREAT give a ways going on right now and would like to wait until some of this slows down some before I do one. I do however have some awesome links that I would LOVE to pass onto my loyal readers to help you with your holiday preparedness and one of the links where I would like to pass on to you is:

http://www.verybestbaking.com/promotions/programs/holiday-guide/2009/default.aspx?vbbHG0972890#/home

This site is so magical and has anything and everything you would want to make for a holiday get together. It takes you to an animation of a Baking Village with many shops and in each shop you will find recipes for candies, main meals, cookies, cakes and all the trimmings! Talk about doing it right for the holidays!LOL I sit there much like a young child and listen to the music and watch all the signs of what is in the tastey shops and am so taken with just the look of this site that I advise you ahead of time....go in full because if you aren't you will suddenly will need alot of paper to get all of their wonderful recipes printed off and shared with your loved ones! I know that I have started off with a full stack of paper knowing most of what I'd encounter I'd want to print off and now am running out of ink! Lots of good things are in there! Nestle, Canation and Libbys are just some of brands featured! YUMMMY!

I thank Deb Turner for giving this link to me , and the other members of OFG, and I am now sending this information on to you so that you can enjoy the small town shops of Seasonal Cooking!





Another site I would LOVE to pass on to you is the Taste of Home site! I don't know how many of you get Taste of Home for a regular magazine that you get once a year...I know that I get it...then will stop my magazines from coming after the subscription has ended..I'll start missing it again and then start it all over again! This is one very helpful magazine and I have tried many of their recipes out on my family and is a tried and true publication! My newest one has a link of:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Newsletter/NewsletterSignUpOptIn.aspx?OptID=115?Email=

. You can become a member of Taste of Home magazines and pick from a number of newsletters that address from the 12 days of cookies in the Month of December issue to newsletters of main meals based on the month and holiday and ideas. Everything will be sent Free to your Email by just picking one, two ...or like me...All newsletters. You can also join Taste of home and have access to chatrooms, more recipes that can be kept in a recipe file and gain information on other publications that Reiman is coming out with and have the option to get for free and would need to subscribe if you wanted to continue getting a given magazine that they are coming out with at a well reduced price! I was just in there site looking around and marking all the recipes that I will have to save and get a copy of to put it on my list of holiday goodies that I suprise my family with!

If you LOVE recipes and LOVE to cook these two links are for you! Check them out and enjoy how amazing the online foodie sites can make this season for all of its customers! I'm sure there are many more of sites that are making recipes readily available and making their sites sooo enticing for anyone to visit and want to join because that is a very important part of a holiday such as this....food, friends and fresh ideas to make this time a bright and happy one! So spend some time and look for your own sites that could hold the key to your holiday spirit! For now there is what I have provided for you here!

I hope that everyone's holidays answer any special prayers you have, will see some wishes come true and happiness and the true meaning of this special holiday warm your hearts to give something to someone that you don't know, or needs help, or is alone this holiday season! May good health , love and the spirit of giving be in your hearts and only good things come your way during this time! Again, Merry Season to you.... no matter what religion you are! I'll be talking to you again soon!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Deb,
What a lovely, heartfelt wish for everyone. Thank you so much and wishing you the best holiday ever too. I can't wait to go to the baking and cooking sites you mentioned. I have just started my holiday-goody-making, so I will be interested in learning some new recipes to add this year. Thanks for sharing! Amy :)

Times of old creations said...

You are welcome Amy! I hope you enjoy what you will see in both places! I know that I've copied off all the recipes that sounded good to me in the baking site. Taste of Home is just a new site for me too and couldn't believe all the recipes that have on that site! I can't wait to start getting the free newsletters that include the 12 days before Christmas cookies. If you sign up for that free newsletter you get the most popular cookies that are made in December. I love cookies! I hope you do too! Enjoy all that there is to see and thank you for coming in sis! I'm thinking about you! Deb